Ice Update?

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Winnibigoshish Ice Update?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pitthull
    Participant

Anyone have an update on the ice?  Will be coming out from Pennsylvania in a couple week (Jan 1) and just curious how the lake is locking up.  Thanks in advance!

highbeeze24

You’d better call up to some resorts because the members of this community officially left the building over a year ago. Sad to see…

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
        pitthull
        Participant

yeah — it’s killing me all over LSF — we have reservations already and will update with him — just trying to kickstart some chatter… not a good sign when only a mod answers!

glenn57
          Participant

for what it’s worth, highbanks had an update recently, they wont open till the day after christmas but out in front of there place there finding 2-5 inches of ice and not allowing even walkouts at this time.  i’ve read some reports of people fishing small bays on Winnie though.

its currently making ice and hearing reports of some lakes with about 8 inches of ice and some still open around the grand rapids area.  smaller lakes should be ok . the lakes that are open are bigger deeper bodies of water……the wind isnt helping either. we do have a cbin aboit 35 miles north and east of winnie so i do keep close tabs on whats going on up there.

pitthull
            Participant

thanks glenn — appreciate the update!  will be heading out/up on Sunday/Monday

go4it
              Participant

Just be safe and talk to resorts before going out.  Just heard that a Bomber was lost on LOW, and a side by side went to the bottom on Red.  Did get a pic from LOW but cannot be sure how accurate those reports are.

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                glenn57
                Participant

i was up last week, the ice didnt look like it hold much, really black. but someone walked out on the cabin lake and stayed on top. this is a smaller lake. talked to a guy with a place on bowstring said wheelers where driving out.

ice is firming up when i left should be getting better by the day…… i hope to head up sunday maybe saturday morning…… i need to fish!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.