Island and Turtle

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Crookston & Northwest MN Island and Turtle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bobb-o
    Participant

Gonna try and hit both Island and Turtle this weekend and possibly some other small stuff. Anyone been out on either of them yet or want to join up with me this weekend?

Remember, the most important thing you can give is your time.
      Bobb-o
      Participant

Hit Turtle for a few hours after work today. Only drilled a few holes as time was limited and it was damned cold. Only found small perch. Gonna try Island, Spring, and maybe Poplar tomorrow. There was one other person out on Turtle in a small SUV.

Fowlminded
        Participant

Drove around looking at the lakes: Cross, Turtle, Whitefish, and Poplar. Didn’t see many people out and didn’t do any fishing yet. That was around 3:30 – 4:00.

Bobb-o
          Participant

Ended up fishing Turtle on Friday as I got done with work early and it is right next to my house. Was a dead sea, only had a couple marks and caught one tiny perch. Fished Island on Saturday and got some good gills and crappies fishing far away from others. When someone started plowing around 3, the bite completely shut off. Went back out today to give it a try and it was really slow with all the activity on the lake.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.