Last Trip Out for ice season

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Ice Fishing Talk Last Trip Out for ice season

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chrisg1969
    Participant

Well with the temps in the long range forecast I am think this was my last trip out Saturday. It was slow a my vexliar was marking fish jigged a few up off the bottom but only one taker a small northern. Looking forward to open water. Was in 20 fow between to points.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      orandausa

I think you are right about the weather. With the metro being mostly above freezing and sunny after Tuesday I think the ice will get weak fast. I am done driving the truck out for sure. Not sure about the ATV.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
        Chrisg1969
        Participant

Orandausa Yes I am thinking there will be a lot of water on top of the ice by this weekend. The high temps after today for Park Rapids area are in the 40’s with the lows just below freezing. I am not a great fan of standing in water while ice fishing

snow
          Participant

18″s of ice on white bear lake,good solid white/clear ice might be awhile before we’ll drill up ice cubes popping holes,some of the best panfishing occures when surface water siphon’s down the hole,me wearing a t-shirt catching rays,fun times ahead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.