looking for a dog trainer

Home Forums Hunting Forums Dogs & Pups looking for a dog trainer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Woodsman
    Participant

Anyone know of a trainer that they would recommend. I have a lab that I’m looking to get some basic obedience and some work with birds. I primarily hunt ducks and grouse. Thanks in advance

zachd
      Participant

What area? I had my lab trained from Stevenson Gun Dog and Obedience in Ramsey Mn and he is a bird machine.

His first level class is 4 week obedience 4 weeks field work
        He only takes up to 8 dogs at a time and trains twice a day

After the first 2 weeks you can visit and see the progress once a week.

The kennels he has are secure clean climate controlled and very nice. ( They even get music to listen to )

When all said and done he will know heel/ walk on leash, recall, retrieves, scent work, place

I know I am missing stuff but I highly recommend

Benny
        Participant

I have had two labs trained by Jeff Latour at Elk river kennels, both turned out very nice. The first one was a yellow that had a super nose on her, found birds other good dogs walked past.

My one year old chocolate male is super high energy, absolutely a bird nut. Almost to the point that he s hard to control, but Jeff did a great job with him. Koda didn’t want to take the force fetch to well, Jeff called me let me know that he was going to give Koda a break till this spring to go back and work on it.

Good luck with whom ever you chose.

Come on,say what you really mean!
          zachd
          Participant

“My one year old chocolate male is super high energy, absolutely a bird nut. Almost to the point that he s hard to control,”

Sounds like my black lab

DFOX
            Participant

+1 on Stevenson Gun Dog. Jeff runs a great operation and my pup came home bird crazy!. Its also really nice to be able to work with your dog once a week when visiting and get tips on further training after they leave. Overall very satisfied with facilities and training.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.