Looking to do some shore fishing

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Miss. Pools 1-3 Looking to do some shore fishing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Animal1445
    Participant

Really wanna get out and try some fishing on the river. Never have done it before but would like to start out with some shore fishing before I move into taking the boat out on it. Can you guys give me some tips on maybe where to try for a first timer? Live in WBL area.
      Not looking for honey holes but a place to easily access or even a mild walk.

Thank in advance and tight lines!

matthewkolden
      Participant

Head to hidden falls regional park on pool 2 of the Mississippi. Plenty of shoreline to fish.

RyanK07
        Participant

If you’re up for a longer walk or a bike ride you can park in Fort Snelling park (fee to park I think, been awhile) and take the path out to Pike Island. Fishing around the confluence of the Mississippi and Minnesota should start getting good over the next month or so.

Raspberry Island in St. Paul can be ok too as long as the water isn’t too high.

nofishfisherman
          Participant

RyanK07 wrote:
            If you’re up for a longer walk or a bike ride you can park in Fort Snelling park (fee to park I think, been awhile) and take the path out to Pike Island. Fishing around the confluence of the Mississippi and Minnesota should start getting good over the next month or so.

Raspberry Island in St. Paul can be ok too as long as the water isn’t too high.

If I remember right once on Pike Island you are not allowed to ride a bike so you’ll have to walk. Its an easy walk but rather long.

Another option is to head down to minnehaha falls and walk along the shoreline up toward the dam. Its a tough walk over the rocks and boulders but doable, just watch your step.

All of the other spots I know of won’t be good for awhile yet as the water is still too cold.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.