Lower Prior 5/6

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Metro Area Lower Prior 5/6

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    orandausa

I was able to take Wednesday afternoon off. I thought that was the perfect time to get my little fishing boat out for the first time this year.

I was on the water by 1pm. Not the greatest time to start but I take what I can get. It took a while to get on since it appeared this was the first time for several others at the launch.

My plan of attack was to hit the northern bays. At first I was going to go to Upper Prior but figured this time of year the northern bays of the northern lake was the best plan.

In the driveway everything worked. Same on the water, time to fish!

Every bay was slightly different with depth and structure. The deep holes were empty per the sonar.

I was casting into 9 – 5ft of water. Crappie Thunder jig got nothing. Bobber and chunk of worm on a red hook was the favorite. 5ft water better than 9ft. Water temps were 55 – 58 degrees.

LM Bass and Sunnies / Pumpkinseeds were the only thing caught.

Off the lake at 6:30pm. Again the first outing for several people lol. The wind did not help with this.

The big Bass was 18″. The mouth photo shows the visible tail of a fish, the dark spot in the back of it’s throat. I think I had a Sunny on and the bass went after the Sunny and got hooked.

And now pics. Click on them to see them “normal”.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      highbeeze24

Nice work! You can’t complain about a successful first run!

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.