Maple Lake

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SSMinnow
    Participant

Thought I would try to get this section moving again.

I went out on Maple Lake last Sunday. 8+ inches of clear ice by the county park on the NW side of the lake. Water clarity was not good. Fishing was slow in 12 feet of water, but I managed to keep myself entertained. I saw northern, perch, and sunfish on the camera. Not sure what happened to the walleye and crappie that usually frequent that area.

There is a big breaker (for that lake) right in front of where the floating dock is in the summer, so I would be careful. It seemed solid, but after dark, the ice really came alive to the point I could feel it moving when it started to pop.

Anyone else been out on local lakes? Union, Sarah, other??? Reports, info, rumors?

madman
      Participant

Im going to that area tomorrow I’ll give some info that night or Sunday morning

Frank’n’Beans
        Participant

Heading up to Polk county from the cities over New Years. I expect to take my father in law out on the ice. He prefers spearing over angling, so he gets my flip over Frabill and I get the great outdoors or sit in the truck. How thick is the ice? Has anyone driven out? I am thinking Maple over Union because it is shallower and will likely have thicker ice. We need to drive out because he has limited mobility….thanks!

A man who picks up a cat by the tail learns something he can no other way. ~Twain
          madman
          Participant

You sure can but keep smart about and you should be alright

Frank’n’Beans
            Participant

Not a shabby ‘eye from an old potato field.

A man who picks up a cat by the tail learns something he can no other way. ~Twain
              uncleicehole
              Participant

Thought I’d post this just for fun.  Haven’t been on this site for quite a while.  I sure enjoyed it when it was more active, Hope it lives on!

1-21-23 Maple Lake, Roadside Park at the pier.  Wife and I set out in 14′, 18+” of ice, water visibility good.  Crappies started at 5:00 sharp, iced 6 in 30 minutes, quiet after that but they were 10 & 12″ fish.

Good Luck to All!

Uncle Icehole-

Just relax
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.