Mid-week Winnibigoshish

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Winnibigoshish Mid-week Winnibigoshish

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joehere
    Participant

Stayed at The Pines Resort,,,cabin’s are mature as most typical resorts up north. Newer owners from what I gather, cabin was very clean/well kept /furnishings comfortable.
      There is a bar/office/restaurant facility in the middle of the resort for a meal or a couple bumps.

Out on the ice the road is good,little choppy where the (Castle races) are on the main drag, but well plowed and plenty wide. Measured @28” of ice ,ran the Milwaukee/k-drill to the bottom with the extension on for drilling in the house still up.
      First day 30 above in @12-15’ lots of sorting out of perch but did find enough 8-9” perch for a couple meals, action on/off all day. Morning of 2nd day moved to @15’ deep to the south, pretty slow. Pulled up & over to @18-20’ dropped and hunkered for the duration! Headed back to the cabin @4 pm 40mph winds/snow. Headed out Wednesday morning, @-5 /10-20 mph winds. Steadily growing colder as the day went on.  Wednesday’s bite was one of them ones I always kinda wished one had spent more time fishing instead of hunting all the years,,, walleye were there but I’ll be dammed if I could catch 😕 um.

Bottom line,,,few days on the ice jiggin ,homemade chicken soup on a cold day and AND able to get the rope operas on 📺.
      Pure Minnesota Pleasure. Good luck and stay safe

highbeeze24

You can’t hit them every time out. End of the day it sounds like you had an enjoyable trip which is all that matters.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.