Mille Lacs lake level

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Mille Lacs Lake Mille Lacs lake level

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Castaway
    Participant

C-Ray
      Participant

Very interesting

I would be curious to find out how much the level has went down since the July reading. From the data it looks like they do two readings a year.

I’m guessing it must be close to the bottom of the historical range!

c-ray

Chris Hay

"endorsed by no one"

Bladepuller
        Participant

This is as low as I can remember it being. Back in the ’30s Grandpa supposedly cut hay on Wahkon bay. I wasn’t around then, though.
          I’m looking for more dock for next year. I had to borrow dock from a neighbor and a cousin to have enough berthing space for the guys we had up for the Oct. full moon.

Castaway
          Participant

This is as low as I have ever seen it and people on the lake that have been around longer than me say the same.I have heard years ago 3 mile used to stick out of the water but not sure when that was.If we dont get a lot of snow this winter a guy with a back hoe could make a lot of money dredging in the spring.

Bladepuller
            Participant

The problem w/ the backhoe idea is that the DNR needs to issue a permit for that and I have been told that the ramps & harbors get them on a maintainance basis once every 3 yrs or so. Supposedly if this is not or year… too bad, so sad. That is strictly what I have been told by a buddy whose father had the marina Fredricksons own dug in ’59 or ’60. This is as low as he (Jack is 58) or I (55) can remember.
              I’m buying more dock this fall. I’ve found some good deals and I am going to add them to the 2 dissimilar roll-in pieces I have.
              The ice does move the rock around on a reef. Thus a “spike” can come and go. The basic granite bedrock stays the boulders can move some. I bring this up because while I’ve never seen this much sand in front off our place I have seen bushes growing out of the rock pile between Half Moon Island and the inner lower Twin Island. That would have been in the mid ’60s.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.