Mille Lacs opener 2020

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Mille Lacs Lake Mille Lacs opener 2020

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ret-ro

Thunder his son and I opened the season on Mille Lacs midnight Friday night.  We pulled into the access to a big full moon and almost flat conditions and I knew we were in for a great time(I even told them).  I made the decision to get away from a cluster of boats straight out from the landing and travel to the east to start our trolling pass with the kicker running just over 1.5mph in the 7-10 foot range over the rocks on the north side.  The fish told us in a hurry that they wanted metallic stick baits and more specifically Smithwick R&S rogues.  We were treated to the craziest night of trolling I have ever had (ten fish on the first pass)!  A brief but beautiful sunrise came and went and the trolling bite had finally tapered off.  We pulled lines and anchored locked near a break to throw out some bobbers and relax for a bit as we had nearly nonstop action for six hours and 101 fish on the clicker.  We poked around for a bit and picked up a few more fish on corks and casting jigs and then made the decision to get off the lake before the snow got too heavy.  2020 Opener-WOW!  This one will be hard to top!

Ret-ro

Pic

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Kirk

Haven’t been out with a long rod yet and this makes me wonder why. Great fish and photos and your right it will be tough to beat that opener. Great to see you out with your son and making memories my friend. Great looking fish and great post…….Kirk

Only 2 defining forces ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.