Miss.River pannies

Home Forums Species Specific Forums Panfish Miss.River pannies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TomSawvell
    Participant

The pannies are firing up allalong the big river from Red Wing on down thru backwaters below the Alma Dam.

Last Thursday I was in the Wabsha backwaters along the dike road and crappies ands suunfish were really starting to make a show. The bass [largemouths] were pretty agreeable too.

Yesterday I was in Red Wing to work and HAD to take a rod along. I’m glad I did. I was able to get away from the shop for a while and wandered down to a couple of bulkheads used to moor barges in Baypoint Harbor where I tossed out plastics for whatever. There too, the sunfish were more than happy to keep me busy cast after cast. I found one area where crappies were thick.

In Wabasha Thursday the water was riding right at 59 degrees, but I did not have the equipment along on Monday to do the temp check in RW.

In both places the single vertical structures, like bridge or dock pilings, gave up the crappies while rock did the sunnies in.

Northerns in RW were a pain and I lost a bunch of tackle to them. Regardless, the pannies are on………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.