MN Bound Crappie Contest on Tonka.

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Tournament Talk MN Bound Crappie Contest on Tonka.

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    orandausa

Anyone doing this event?

I mentioned it to my buddy who just got a boat. So he is all fired up to get out on the water. I agreed. Then say last year was 2000 anglers! Even at 4 per boat that is 500 BOATS! And it is based out of Lord Fletchers.

I don’t see how you can get that many people at that place without it being a total cluster.

Anyone fished this before?

Any tips? Not spots but how to survive? I hope it is very well organized. They have very little on the website.

At least I will be out fishing. I have no experience fishing this lake in the open water season so it will be an adventure for sure.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
      Anonymous

I did it about 7-8 years ago for 2 years in a row. I don’t want to detour anyone but like you said driving parking and the lake is nuts. I haven’t been back. Get there a few hours early. Good luck.

peteywheatstraw
        Participant

I’ve fished it every year for years but gonna hit the Croix instead this year for S&G’s. As mentioned, be there early and you’ll be fine..anytime after about 9 and it gets dicey..same thing for loading back up..gotta pick your times..fishing should be good though. Go in relaxed and don’t let the mob bother you and you’ll be fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.