Muskie question

Home Forums Species Specific Forums Musky & Pike Muskie question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dunnbar
    Participant

I have been fishing muskies for a couple years now but in the last couple weeks i have seen minnows jump on the surface as I pull my bucktail under them. Any ideas why this is happening? Is it the vibration my blades are giving off or could it a muskie that’s making them jump? I have caught muskies in the area that this is happening at.

birddog131
      Participant

The minnows are getting out of the way of your bucktail: They don’t know that it is artificial. It is bigger than them and they are simply trying to avoid getting eaten. That is what I have always thought anyway.

FishTrap
        Participant

Happens quite a bit. I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s just your lure scaring them.

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.
          FishHappy
          Participant

I have also seen this happen, minnows, jumping out of the water as my lure passes by or just before. Of course I shore fish and it shallow water. But, I had Pike nail my lure also. Usually when I’m using a Mepps Musky lure. Its possible it was Musky/Pike there also chasing your bucktail. IMO.

HeviShot
            Participant

When the minnows start hoppin’ your doing it right, as the guys have said you spooking the bait fish. This in return will draw more attention to your lure. Keep it up and watch the results.

2016 LSF Walleye Opener Champion-Mille Lacs
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.