New Prior Lake panfish limits

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Metro Area New Prior Lake panfish limits

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MrB
    Participant

I haven’t contacted the DNR yet, but I’m curious to see if anyone on the site has any info on why the DNR found it necessary to change the crappie and panfish limit to 5 each for Prior Lake. I have my assumptions and guesses but I would like to know. The warden that we talked to said that people were complaining that the size of panfish were too small and they wanted to increase the size. Kind of hard to believe as we caught our limit of 8-10″ gills and 11″ crappie’s for two guys in roughly an hour. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Joehere
      Participant

Your answer is in the 2nd to last sentence,,,loose lips and hot bites decimate panfish populations. Welcome to the future.

P.S. Don’t shoot the messenger

PatK
        Participant

I have to agree with Joehere. I’ve seen the population of large panfish spike then crash on Prior and Spring Lakes several times. When the big ones are biting it seems like it only takes a day or 2 for word to get out to fisherman in a 7 county area and all of them are out there catching limits till the population crashes again.

"In my travels I've found that if a man uses the phrase "Common Sense" to defend his position, he possesses very little himself." Will Rogers
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.