Nice deer

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Southwest MN Nice deer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TomSawvell
    Participant

I was running some errands a bit ago and came across a couple of cars and one heck of a nice dead buck deer a block from the house. Keep in mind that I live very close to the center of Rochester.

This deer was big in the body and had a nice rack. I didn’t have time for a definite count but it looked as though it were a solid eight.

What a way to go….someone will have bumper bambi for din-din this week I’m sure.

Trick

CT..

There seems to be an ever growing supply of Deer
        in Rochester..Assisi has a Bunch to !

One of Our Security Guards here at work said he seen a Doe near Mayo Downtown last night !!

TomSawvell
        Participant

This is one of Assissi’s deer. He’s been in our back yard a couple times late at night eating our acorns. I have seen him, but if you open a door he’d be gone in a heartbeat and never allowed a good look at his head for a point count.

And of course, there is always a chance that there is more than this one good one around up there. Who knows.

And I remember seeing a doe once right in front of the Mayo Building on 2nd Street. They’re all over.

RickG
          Participant

Not this again.
            10 pointer with the Honda. Man they get expensive, hope everyone is o.k.

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            TomSawvell
            Participant

That one looks to be about the right proportions Rick. No snow though.

4 years ago this Thanksgiving day we had one killed right in our back yeard…literally. Some dogs mauled a deer and it got inside our fencing where the dogs couldn’t get. The cops had to shoot the poor guy. The dogs? I heard they were able to back track the blood trail, found both of them and put them down, but I have no way to prove it. Still, dogs at large in a city of this size are not good and once they have killed, they are worthless trust-wise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.