No livewell fishing leagues?

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Tournament Talk No livewell fishing leagues?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    backup63
    Participant

Does anyone know of any fishing leagues in the metro area that don’t require a livewell. I think a league would be a lot of fun, but since my boat doesn’t have a livewell I haven’t been able to participate.

Thanks,
      Dan

Walleye-Student
      Participant

Dan, You might think about making your own livewell using a chest cooler. Looks like it might not be too difficult and it may be compliant for a number of leagues and/or tournaments. There seems to be a number of different ways to make them. Could open up a whole new world of opportunities for you!

This link might get you started;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiqis_OqPrLAhWDvIMKHUc5BdoQtwIIXzAF&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-ONxKOwhzdc&usg=AFQjCNFHCWeTaCb0f2UjZiDaY1R8ZFBxvg

AKal
        Participant

I did something very similar in my boat but mounted it under the floor in the bow beings my boat did not come with a livewell. It actually works very well but I did not add an aerator which after watching that video I will definitely be doing! It is a easy way to add a much needed livewell at a low cost that’s for sure.

backup63
          Participant

Those are pretty cool. In the past I thought about the Engle aerated bait cooler.

bergstrom22
            Participant

greatlakesskipper.com in the search bar just type in livewell. I found a portable type with a lid already on it for around 100 dollars. They are big (20 gallons) I think but I just put it in the very front of my small 14 ft boat and never was in my way at all. I found a 20 dollar aerator pump and ran it off of a lawn mower battery. Worked awesome all summer I would buy a 5lb bag of ice and fish would be alive all day. I had a couple full day adventures changed the water out a couple of times and ran the pump all day. The battery lasts almost 8 to 10 hours. Filling it sucked a little bit I ended up just using a 5 gallon bucket because the pump would empty the livewell nice and fast but took for ever to pump it into it from the lake.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.