NW Wisconsin live report

Home Forums Midwest Neighbors Wisconsin NW Wisconsin live report

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lookin4Slabs
    Participant

A buddy and myself decided to head out with the wheel houses to a lake he found in nw wisconsin. Didn’t get totally set up until about 8 pm on friday (Feb 1st). Its a smaller lake and we are literally the only guys on the lake. Fishing hasn’t been hot and heavy but we each got 6 crappies so far and lost 5 (two were giants!!). All the crappies we’ve caught have been 12-13.25. Hoping things pick up tonight with this beautiful weather!

An additional note I’m a MN resident and usually spend most of my time fishing MN. But I highly recommend that you guys spend more time hitting these Wisconsin lakes as they don’t get hit as hard as our MN lakes and it’s still less than 2 hours for me to get here. Being the only people on a lake and catching big crappies is a blast!! I honestly can’t remember the last time I ice fished a lake in MN and was the only one out there (not including during the week). Also the out of state licence is definitely reasonable.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Kirk

Great report and to be out there catching that quality of fish is awesome. I to like a quiet lake and I love Wisconsin. Thanks for the thread and hope you continued to catch those nice fish………Kirk

Only 2 defining forces ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

Lookin4Slabs
        Participant

Little late on my day two post, but the fishing did pick up a little bit Saturday. The bite was extremely weird though, during the day only a couple small bluegill and a couple pike but overall slow during the day. As for the crappies they wouldn’t start bitting both nights until about 8:30-9pm but would bite until 7:30am (made it tough to stay up late drinking beer and still fish hard!) They were not fast and furious, one after another type of fishing. You would catch one then maybe 30 min to an hour later you’d catch another. There was a couple flurries though where you would catch 3-4 in 30 min. All crappies caught were 12 or bigger!! Also lost one in the hole that had to be at least 14in (so my arm got soaked!). Tons of blood worms were coming out of the mud all night too which made the bottom 3-4 feet of your vexilar worthless. All anf all a great weekend fishing being the only guys on the lake!

Attachments:
          Lookin4Slabs
          Participant

Keeping them fresh!

Attachments:
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.