Pool 2 – 2020 Fishing Season

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Miss. Pools 1-3 Pool 2 – 2020 Fishing Season

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    birkato
    Participant

Let’s start this thread for the 2020 fishing season on Pool 2. Anyone had any luck lately either from boat or shore? I fished the east bank near ford dam with plastics a couple weeks ago and didn’t get even a bite.

I have been fishing Pool 2 for several years mostly by boat but grew up fishing lakes and have not quite figured out river fishing patterns yet so I am looking to learn from some people here. I would be happy to take someone out fishing that knows the waters well (after the social distancing restrictions are lifted of course!).

-Ryan
      Red 16 ft smokercraft, 50 hp Mariner
      clough95
      Participant

Was down at the Minnehaha creek yesterday and fished from 5:30-7:30 with jigs and plastics and had no luck, there was about 8 other shore fisherman and i saw one snake northern get caught. Water was high and moving pretty good.. Looked to be only 3-4 boats up by the dam also ..

orandausa

Not sure now with high water but th ecloser you can get to the damn on that side of the river is better action.

As a kid we used to fish where the creek dumps into the river and do well. We however just used corn or homemade stick bait. We called it Goulash fishing.

At least you are fishing.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
          nofishfisherman
          Participant

I was fishing minnehaha creek and on Saturday afternoon in the pouring rain. Just used jigs and plastics which typically are better for big fish but not at good for numbers. Didn’t get a bite but did talk to another guy that claimed to catch 2 nice walleyes and a couple pike.

He also measured water temp in the creek at 44 degrees but i’m sure the main river is a little colder. Once temps get closer to 50 in the main river i’ve started having more action.

I hope to get out again sometime soon but life is crazy right now with the wife and I trying to manage full time jobs from home along with school for my daughter and keeping the 3 year old from destroying the house in the meantime.

Bandersnatch
            Participant

Thanks for the report!

That is where I saw the biggest Crappie ever caught when I was a kid!
              Old guy standing on the storm spillway fishing minnows.

Pulled up a Crappie that when he put it in the 3 gallon red bucket, a full third of the fish hung over the side!!!

I was thinking that had to be a new State Record, and I’m sure it was Dinner!!

nofishfisherman
              Participant

Got up early this morning at hit the creek/river from 6:30-8:30 this morning. Very slow again, not even a bite. The water has come up a lot since Saturday. The bridge at the mouth of the creek is only accessible with a pair of waders. I fished almost entirely back in the creek. With these conditions its usually not a hot bite but can be a good time to get something with some size but can be very hit or miss. Today was a miss. Not often I don’t catch anything down there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.