Public boat launches

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Mille Lacs Lake Public boat launches

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    chris63
    Participant

Will public launches be open for Walleye opener? Statewide or by county jurisdiction? Hearing rumors from the general public that I’m unable to find guidelines on. I got a fishing jones that’s steadily building.Chris.

arneb04
      Participant

From what I have heard, public launches will be open as long as people observe the social distancing guidelines. Otherwise county or state may be able to shut them down on an individual basis.

One Word - HUMMINBIRD
        @rdshuntclub
        tecbud
        Participant

nope, they are all shut down until the 26th of May-June.

If it looks like a UFO, sounds like a UFO, has little green ppl inside that look like they belong in one, Then yep.......... one more beer aint gonna hurt.
          BrianHoffies
          Participant

feel free to post a link to that.

nofishfisherman
            Participant

tecbud wrote:
              nope, they are all shut down until the 26th of May-June.

Where did you get that info from?

The below statement is copied directly from the DNR’s website.

Public water accesses. Most state-managed public accesses are open, though the availability of amenities, such as docks, are contingent upon seasonal maintenance.

chris63
              Participant

As far as I can surmise the executive stay home order in effect until May 4th is a strong recommendation from the Governor’s office. They can’t keep us from going outside and getting into our boats or hunting in the woods ……not yet anyway. I’m saying follow the laws in place and you should be fine. Now get out there and catch some crappies!

nofishfisherman
                Participant

chris63 wrote:
                  As far as I can surmise the executive stay home order in effect until May 4th is a strong recommendation from the Governor’s office. They can’t keep us from going outside and getting into our boats or hunting in the woods ……not yet anyway. I’m saying follow the laws in place and you should be fine. Now get out there and catch some crappies!

When the stay at home order went into effect Walz specifically called out fishing and outdoor recreation as things you are still allowed and actually recommended. Just don’t pack your boat with 10 people all from different households.

Personally I’ve been out fishing several times since the stay at home order has been in effect. I go by myself and stay away from other people while I’m fishing but I would have done both those things anyways.

dingleberry
                  Participant

BrianHoffies wrote:

Its BS. Hes just trying to push your buttons.

BrianHoffies
                    Participant

dingleberry wrote:

BrianHoffies wrote:

Its BS. Hes just trying to push your buttons.

I have a degree in internet button pushing. He will really need to step up his game to get me.

chris63
                      Participant

How many miles is”close to your primary residence”?Who determines this distance? The Governor has made statements about MDPS and law enforcement. They do have broad discretion.Violation(s) of Executive orders are considered a misdemeanor and punishable by 90days and/or a fine up to $1000.The Red star had a few articles about violations of the executive orders. Be safe out there.chris

BrianHoffies
                        Participant

Lets see………last weekend I drove to the Canadian border and back. 250 miles each way. Met two state troopers and a country squad.

Yesterday I toured around Mille Lacs and stopped in EVERY public access on the lake. None of them were barricaded, all were open although no docks in yet.

Use your head, stop only when required and then keep your social distancing and everything will be OK.

chris63
                          Participant

Brian, just because you went on your trip up to the border and toured Millelacs doesn’t make it responsible. The reason to limit travel to Rural areas of the state is to keep the Virus from spreading if possible. Just because I disagree with an executive order or state/federal law doesn’t give me the right to ignore it. If that’s how were going to roll why follow any laws then?

BrianHoffies
                            Participant

It doesn’t make it irresponsible either. I followed the guidelines set forth by Walz.

But, I’m not going to get into a argument or debate over the subject either. My point was & is if you have the mental ability to do things according to the recommendations of the government you shouldn’t have to hide.

chris63
                              Participant

If traveling 250 miles to the Canadian border and back again is within the executive order guidelines then you may want to reevaluate your definition of mental ability.

Bandersnatch
                                Participant

My attempt at realism in the crazy rumor times……..

The “travel advice” is not for day trips, but for folks with cabins and second homes. The “small towns” up North (or South) would rather that you don’t shelter in place there, and increase any possible burden on their already sketchy health care systems.

As for launches, the DNR stated that across the State launches would remain open, but may or may not have the regular amenities that are taken for granted, such as docks and porta-pottyies due to the seasonal maintenance.

Here is the link requested. (all rumors must die!! die I tell you!!! die!!)

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/covid-19.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.