River Crankin

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Mississippi North River Crankin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    highbeeze24

I headed to the river to do some casting and it did not disappoint yesterday. The water was down about 2 feet from a couple weeks ago which exposed anywhere from 2-3 feet of river rock off the bank that I could jump down to and hike up stream on. I went around 30 yards upstream to fish a deeper hole and first cast tagged a nice 15″ eye. I managed 3 more on the next 3 casts which were in the 13″-14″ range. I managed another at 18″ that jumped out of my hand as I had intentions for him to be supper but you win some, you lose some. I also managed to hook a carp right in the bottom lip and he took me for a run up and down the shoreline on my 7′ ML. The next cast after releasing him I snagged another big fish on my retrieve and when I broke free the lip of my flat rap had broken off and unfortunately it was the only bait I brought with as it was a spur of the moment adventure. This is the second time I have snagged into something big that’s taken me for a ride in this location and lost the lip on my flat rap which is incredibly irritating, especially when the bite is on. All in all a fun hour to be down by the river.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      peteywheatstraw
      Participant

Probably a Kitty Cat..

backup63
        Participant

I tried the Crow River in Otsego the other day and the water seemed to be way up. I wasn’t sure why, but definitely higher than other times I’ve seen it. Great catches!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.