Rockman’s Report/Walleye Madness

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Mille Lacs Lake Rockman’s Report/Walleye Madness

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

11/06/06

What more could a guy ask for on a Nov. full moon? Well Wednesday, Thursday nights were very much so cold. The boat ramp was iced over before 6:00 pm and I am sure glad that I had some ice melt around from last winter, or it could have been very tricky getting down or up the ramp. I can sum up this full moon in 2 words: Totally awesome. The eyes had on their feed bags this weekend. 20 fish a night was not uncommon. There were a lot of fish caught that went well over 27 to 29 inches. We did not get that one over 30 yet, but these fish are very spunky like a monkey when you hook up with them. There are some great pics on the web site photo album. http://www.rockyreef.com

I will be out for the next 2 nights, still looking for that one over 32 in. The best lures for us were the # 12 husky jerks in the black and silver and the Tennessee shad color. We did pull fish on #7 deep running shads and the # 7 shallow running shad in the fire tiger and the perch colors. I still have not boated that incidental musky or northern as of yet, I am way over due. I usually get at least one of them every full moon. The tullipee are still in on the rocks doing that spawning thing. We caught 2 of them on Friday night. They were chasing down these #12 husky jerks and all thru the night, you could feel them hitting the lures. What in the hell are they thinking with a ¼ inch mouth?

The nights are going to get very nice over the next 3 days, so if you can get any time away from the wife and kids. Take a night or 2 over the next few nights and come on up and get into the great bite going on rite now. We only caught 2 fish over the past 4 nights that were in the slot. More than a dozen fish were over 29 inches. Many of them were in the 26 to 27 inch range. Total walleye catch for the November full moon, is 67.

The bite has really been better after 11:00pm. So no hurry to get up here. Speeds were 1.2 to 1.5 and the depths to cover are: 4 to 8 ft for the shallow running baits and 9 to 13 ft with the deep running baits. I am out the door to pick up some more husky jerks in St Cloud. With the water being so low, I was getting hooked up once and a while in those wonderful big boulders that Indian Point has. They don’t let go of what they catch very often.

I hope to see you on the water this week.

The Rockman

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.