Rum river

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Rum River Rum river

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AutumnFever
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone has been out lately, particularly the stretch from Milaca to Princeton.

dbright
      Participant

I have been out twice in the last two weeks between Andover and Cambridge. Water seems to be dropping stead but still was dirty as of the last time out. Fishing will only get better as the water clears up.

Mnfishermn
        Participant

Friend and I had great luck with Northerns early last week up from Walbo. We kept our limit and threw a few back and lost a few also. 3 – 5 lbs. A fun time! Smoked most of them but did filet out a couple using a new technique I saw on you tube. Works good for me. Search removing y bones from northern pike – linders angling edge.

Mnfishermn
          Participant

Fished the Rum Saturday and again Tuesday. 2 of us caught 3 (nice)walleyes in two days. Several smallies, (one was 17″) that we had to throw back, of course! One norhthern and a couple of suckers which I kept and smoked for the first time. They turned out great. River is very low and the walleyes should have been jumping into the boat while fishing the holes. Should have but weren’t. My 14′ with 25 hp motor could only go downriver (pretty much) with motor off and pushing over some of the rock bars and sand bars. Luckily, we planned ahead and had a vehicle on the downriver end. Hoping the walleyes will get more active in a week or so.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.