Sad to see everyone gone

Home Forums Lake & River Forums SouthCentral MN Sad to see everyone gone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hammersmn
    Participant

I’ve been a part of LSF for 15 years. Anyone else remember the get togethers on the ice? The BBQs?

I keep stopping in here to see if there is any discussions to be had or friends to be made, but it’s just crickets.

Maybe facebook and other social media outlets have made forum-based websites obsolete. I hope not. I really liked the community that was Lake State Fishing. I liked seeing the LSF stickers on other people’s vehicles.

Is there anyone out there?

Tracy

Owatonna, MN

(getting out on the ice in southern MN soon! Stupid job)

highbeeze24

I’ve still got the LSF hoodie and beanie. I haven’t had an LSF bumper sticker for years now. I was never able to participate but I do remember the metro gettogethers on the ice and October full moon trolling trips on Mille Lacs. The days of Thunder, Kirk, Ret-ro, gmeabrake, and Reinhard being on here frequently have all gone to the wayside at this point. I try to stay as active as possible but your are correct, it’s the same handful of guys left hanging around, and they don’t seem to have much to say these days…

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
        Ice_Hole
        Participant

I was wondering the same thing.  I notice there is not much for ice reports,  except for @highbeeze24

All life is SACRED. Some of it is also DELICIOUS.
          hammersmn
          Participant

I find it interesting that the two people that responded to this rant aren’t even in South Central MN. SIGH.

We once had a BBQ out on a lake near Faribault, and over 50 members and their families were in attendance. It was fun putting faces with usernames, and trading stories in person.

The community back then trusted each other, and was more than helpful when you had a question. Have you been on a fishing group on FB lately? Try and ask a question and get ROASTED. Only about 1% of the folks are trying to help you out, and the other 99% are trying to be gatekeepers. Why do these people even bother responding? Is it because it makes them feel superior when they are obviously not?

Maybe because we had the in person gatherings that people were more kind to each other. If you knew you would be shaking hands with someone someday, you tended to be a bit more civil. Now, people spout off behind their keyboards and screens because they are sheltered in their own little sad world.

orandausa

I admit I check in less frequently as the weeks go by.

Ah yes the good ole days. I still have a LSF sign in my window of my Otter Lodge. It has been a long time since there was a knock on the canvas with a “who are you”?

The internet was the death of the BBS and I think Facebook is hurting the Forums.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
              • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by orandausa.
              BuckslayerBob
              Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve checked in and was wondering what the heck was going on. Yes, very sad. I hate social media and do not want to rely on it. Was coming here to check on ice conditions, and the lakes forums haven’t been replied to in 2 years.

Stick 'em!
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.