Some new stuff to think about…

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Ice Fishing Talk Some new stuff to think about…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TomSawvell
    Participant

I ordered some new ice tackle from JBLures the other day and it came yesterday. What I got was the new HolieAngle, an angle eye lure with a vent cut into the body. When jigged, the water going thru the vent is supposed to create quite a disturbance. These were a bit big for me to try, but the other new bait, the JU-Ju, had to go fishing at one of the sand pits for a test run yesterday afternoon and it was a hot one when tipped with a waxie.

The Ju-Ju is a vertical-hook jig with a pair of bulging eyes. This bait comes in a half-dozen different glow colors and they are very bright when hit with the light. I took the two smallest ones I ordered , along with a #2 Mini-Stealth float and some old waxies, out to a sandpit and did very well on both crappies and sunfish. I fished for maybe an hour and caught twenty or so fish. And it was apparent that the fish didn’t know this is ice-fishing tackle. But I had to play with the stuff.

I just got back from the lake a block or so from home and took the Ju-Jus with again and am now three baits light. The bass really enjoy these too, but 2 pound line is not designed for three and 4 pound bass I guess. Both of the two smallest purple jigs and one chartreuse/orange took a hike with the bass, so a re-order is now in order. This trip I took an assortment of very small finesse plastics and actually did better using it at this lake than waxies yesterday.

The new stuff is hitting the shelves right now and from what I have seen already, there is a bunch to worry about. On one hand it is always the excitement of seeing this tackle go out so a guy can get a jump on the season, but man, the cost of anteing up on the stuff just to play can be a bear. lol These new products from JB are on shelves in some of the Ganders already and are well worth the time to take a peek.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.