sorting thru the tackle?

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Ice Fishing Talk sorting thru the tackle?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JimDavidson
    Participant

There are times I love to slowly go over what I have set up in which box. At this time, I have no boat to use and it’s too cold to sit out on a dock. So, I start slowly unpacking and repacking all the tackle into each tackle box and plastic box I have. Anyone that knows me would tell you that I have a small tackle shop in my house. I sort out all the ice fishing gear and place each piece in it’s place being sure not to forget simple items like small sinkers and fingernail clippers. By the time ice is safe to walk out I am ready to go. I take all my rods and reels apart, clean and lubricate the reels, change line, set each up for the species it was meant to be used for, and buy new gear to stock up. In between work and this, I will be testing the portables, heaters, augers, and other cold weather gear. Of course, NEVER forget to have the safety equipment checked and placed out ready to go. Anyone else getting ready?

Jim Davidson R.I.P
      June 11, 2009
      TomSawvell
      Participant

I hear ya. Basically this time of year sucks. I had to buy two more 3600 tackle boxes this morning. Again. And I don’t have any plans to use the stuff until the boat is too cold to start.

lotwfisher
        Participant

haha I am glad someone brought this up and I am not the only one. I sometimes have 2 tables covered with tackle ( and thats just what i choose to sort at the time) and i slowly go through it and put everything in the proper spot and clean any lures that need cleaning. I like knowing what I have and finding that one lure I havent used in a while. I did my ice fishing stuff a few weeks ago between hunting and fishing season when i got bored.

Robin

Anyone who says fishing is boring..hasnt had a 40lbs muskie bite his hand haha
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.