Spring Cats 2016

Home Forums Species Specific Forums Catfish Spring Cats 2016

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kirk

Well we planned a two day trip to my spring catfish spot and it didn’t fail us. Arrived around 11:30 am on Wednesday and fished until 4:30 pm and we landed 20 nice channel cats. The next day we had a great breakfast than went fishing. The first line was in at 8:30 am and we fished for three hours and caught eight more channel catfish. The fish ranged between three and eleven pounds with approx. five pound average. The bite was a tough one with sometimes them taking the bait with fury and the majority of the time it was a typical spring bite of tap tap tap. I had on a 4/0 gammi Octopus hook(J Hook) and my buddies had on 4/0 gammi Octopus circle hooks. The bait we used was cut sucker chubs with 12lb line and 1.5 oz no roll sinkers. Great to be out on the water. Getting pictures e mailed but wanted to put a post up. Water was 54 degrees. After sitting at home for almost seven weeks mending from my accident it was sure nice to be able to get the long rods out and do some of my favorite kind of fishing. Two weeks until Canada and I can’t wait…………..Kirk

God Bless our Troops and give the children and Grandchildren a hug or a call, life is way to short…….Kirk

Only 2 defining forces ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

highbeeze24

That a boy Kirk! Glad to hear you’re out enjoying one of your passions again. You certainly deserve it.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.