Stuffed back strap

Home Forums General Forums Cooking & Recipes Stuffed back strap

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    highbeeze24

1 block garlic and herb Borsin cheese mixed with 1 block of cream cheese. Butterfly your back strap open and pound it out. Spread the cheese mixture evenly and roll the strap back up. Season with Montreal steak seasoning and wrap in bacon. I cooked this in the rec tec at 300.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      eyes4life
      Participant

Looks fantastic! One tip I’ve learned about wrapping red meat in bacon is par cook the bacon in to oven before wrapping… this helps with getting the venison to medium or medium rare… beware if you over cook the bacon in the oven it will get over done

Awaiting the next bite...
        highbeeze24

I hear you with the par cook. I typically will pan sear the loin first on low heat to render out the bacon before transferring to the smoke at 200 for around 30 minutes but, it was Sunday, there was football, cocktails were had, and the easy route was most appealing. Still turned out dang tasty!

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
          orandausa

That looks fantastic.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.