The rum

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Rum River The rum

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    FishinIsLife
    Participant

Anyone been fishing the rum this year? How have you been doing? I see a few boats out every time i go, anyone from the forum fish the stretch from st francis to cambridge?

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
      zachd
      Participant

I have been fishing the Anoka fair ground and up stretch in my boat Been doing well on smallies with buzz baits and mepps spinners

Have not fished farther Rum River Central Park

I have heard they were doing well on walleye up by Princeton.

Love the rum I think its one of the best fisheries in the metro area.

Ceeber
        Participant

Awesome on the report. I live right by the rum river, but never fished it yet. Maybe i’ll have to take the boat out on the river. I usually stay on the lakes with the boat, and if i decide to hit up the river, i hit the saint croix. Thanks for the report, some smallie action would be fun.

dbright
          Participant

Ceeber how big of boat do you have? If you are in a bigger boat I wouldn’t try getting much above ramesy. Smaller boats work upriver but there is alot of wood and stretches with alot of rock.

Ceeber
            Participant

I have a small 15.5 fiberglass.. Thanks for the heads up. I’ve never been on the rum river at all. Let me know what you think

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              Lookin4Slabs
              Participant

I’ve been fishing the rum my whole life and no way I would take that boat on the rum except for around anoka.

deadeyearcher
                Participant

I would agree, use that down in the Anoka area and slowly work on exploring upstream. Remember that it is a slow/no-wake area as well. I’ll probably be going out this weekend, provided the water levels/current aren’t bad.

1987 Alumacraft
                  1987 Merc 25
                  zachd
                  Participant

Work the railroad bridge downstream of the fairground launch.

Last time I was down there it was really shallow on the right side of the bridge.

Stay above it and work the left bank just before the bridge.

Going up stream you should be fine a little ways careful around the bunker bridge it looked a little shallow last time I went through it.

If you go slow you should be able to make it passed the no wake zone and a little ways up were there is less houses and more downed timber on each side of the bank. I wouldn’t go much farther than that though.

Ceeber
                    Participant

Thanks to all for the advice. I definitely appreciate y’all opinion to keeping it safe. I decided to hit Peltier Lake instead. Been doing pretty well on the Largemouth Bass, pikes, and panfish. Here’s a couple pictures.

Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.