Tom Brady Storms Off The Field

Home Forums General Forums Minnesota Sports Tom Brady Storms Off The Field

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Reinhard
    Participant

What normally happens when one team wins and one team looses? The loosing team congratulates the other team with hand shakes ect. Not the great Tom Brady. Instead of shaking the winning QB’s hand and the other players, he ran off the field pouting all the way.

Yes he is one of the most talented QB’s of all time and all of that but his on field antics has him loosing “who’s the greatest” points to me. Can’t bring himself to just shake the hand of a back up QB who just handed him his arse. I’ve seen him yell at his O line when he get’s sacked. Sometimes it is the line’s fault and sometimes for one reason or another it’s the QB’s fault. other QB’s handle that much better. Maybe they don’t have an inflated ego like Brady’s. Maybe he should deflate that ego like his footballs. Storm off the field like a child. That doesn’t make you great in my book. good luck.

http://www.sausageheavenoutdoors.com

Die young as old as possible.

highbeeze24

He’s a competitor through and through. Stormed of like the Pistons when Jordan and the Bulls finally bested them in the early 90’s. A cowards move but that seems to be what drives him to continue to compete and it’s tough not to appreciate what he has accomplished. However, I still would like to see how his career would have played out in the NFC where the competition seems to be so much more fierce each year. He’s had the benefit of playing in a terrible division for years which has allowed them to host playoff games for the majority of his career. Look at his road record in the playoffs and it’s less than good. Look at the home record, it speaks for itself. It’s like the last few years in the NBA. How would Lebron have faired in the West? I guess we’ll never know because up to this point he didn’t have the guts to jump to that side of the line. Brady will go down as one of the greats but he has had a very favorable road to all of those super bowl appearances and if you look at his stats from his first 3 titles, lets just say it’s nice to have a great defense.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
        nofishfisherman
        Participant

I’ve been saying the same thing about Brady for years. There is no denying that he’s a great QB and he has to get the credit for winning 5 Super Bowls once he’s there but I can’t imagine anyone having had an easier road to get there than he has.

He’s played in 29 playoffs games not including the Super Bowls and he’s only been on the road for 7 of them and only 2 road playoff games in the last 10 years (he lost both of them).

The Patriots have been huge benefactors from playing in such a lousy division which gives them a big boost in earning home field advantage in the playoffs and overall the AFC hasn’t been nearly as good top to bottom. Without that benefit I’m sure the Pats would have many more playoff loses and far fewer titles.

Reinhard
          Participant

Most of what you said is true however Brett Farve was one hell of a competitor but he shook the hands of players after a loss, so did Peyton, Rodgers and others. They all hated to loose, however none of them ever put their tail between their legs and stormed off the field. He has more ego than class. good luck

weedis99
            Participant

The AFC isn’t nearly as good but yet the pats are 5-3 in super bowls. Tom Brady is 44-15 again AFC playoff teams this year, 19-8 against NFC playoff teams this year. He has a career 77 win percentage, meaning it doesn’t matter who he plays, he wins. Just look up his career stats, I don’t need to later then all out here. I don’t care what path you have to the super bowl you still have to win the games, which they do the majority of time. Also, I would argue him getting his arse handed to him, did you see his stats? Pretty damn good game on his part, there d just couldn’t make a stop. Who cares if he stored of the field, non issue in my book.

Walleyes Fear Me, Women Want Me
              Tuck62
              Participant

The original post is FAKE NEWS. I read a story that Brady went up to a rookie from the other team and congratulated him after the game.

After the Super Bowl the losing team immediately ushered off the field so the podium/award ceremony can be set up.

This isn’t hockey, there is no hand shake line.

Besides, how thrilled would you be to seek out players from the other team after a Super Bowl loss while they are going crazy celebrating a victory?

Addicted2Fishing09
                Participant

Tom Brady = The GOAT

When life gets too complex, too confusing, too absurd and your freedom has been reduced to only tiny fragments throughout a single day; then you know it's time to go fishing.
                  Reinhard
                  Participant

I got this from the Viking 247 news which posts daily. Sports writers on that post also comented on it. I haven’t seen other teams ushered off the field right after the final whistle after loosing the superbowl. Players always shake hands or greet each other after the game. good luck.

Tron2010
                    Participant

I am, by no means, a Tom Brady or Patriots fan. But I find conversations like this laughable. The guy is a winner….period. And because of the fact he’s not the quarterback of the team we like he’s an arrogant ? I’m personally more concerned with “off the field antics” than “on the field antics”. To my knowledge he’s a stand up guy and does a lot for his community. He doesn’t kneel during the national anthem, get a d.u.i. once a year, get busted for weed, fail drug tests, or shoot at people. I’ve never observed him in interviews coming across prideful or act as though he is better than everyone else on the field. To the contrary. He seems pretty humble for a guy who’s wife makes twice what he does and collectively have a net worth of around $500,000,000. Don’t let your distain for an individual cloud his accomplishments or the fact that he’s actually a pretty good dude. If the Vikings signed him tomorrow I would be jacked! JMHO

MasterGopherHunter
                      Participant

Excellent post Tron. I too am not a Brady or Patriots fan, but I agree with everything you just said.

Tuck62
                        Participant

Joehere
                          Participant

I am,by no means,a Brady or patriot fan. My disdain isn’t clouded by his accomplishment,,,he’s not on my team. Although he was close to lifting it,at the end,waiting for the acknowledgement most professionals do,he didn’t. It was the best SB I’ve watched in quite a while, but what makes it bittersweet is knowing one of my favorite teams handed that Baby his ass.

Reinhard
                            Participant

Never said I didn’t believe you, I just read what was on Vikings 247 and it told a different story. Still didn’t shake hands with the Eagles QB but after reading your post I could see why. The QB would have been surrounded by media ect in a game such as this. So I take it back what I said. I’m old fashion and like sportsmanship win or loose. So when I read that it left an impression on me. Next time I watch the Super Bowl and the loser runs for the hills I’ll know why. Some good posts though. good luck.

Tuck62
                              Participant

I wasn’t trying to be confrontational but at the same time didn’t want Tom Brady to be painted as sore loser.

Tight lines!

dew2
                                Participant

Tron2010 wrote:
                                  I am, by no means, a Tom Brady or Patriots fan. But I find conversations like this laughable. The guy is a winner….period. And because of the fact he’s not the quarterback of the team we like he’s an arrogant ? I’m personally more concerned with “off the field antics” than “on the field antics”. To my knowledge he’s a stand up guy and does a lot for his community. He doesn’t kneel during the national anthem, get a d.u.i. once a year, get busted for weed, fail drug tests, or shoot at people. I’ve never observed him in interviews coming across prideful or act as though he is better than everyone else on the field. To the contrary. He seems pretty humble for a guy who’s wife makes twice what he does and collectively have a net worth of around $500,000,000. Don’t let your distain for an individual cloud his accomplishments or the fact that he’s actually a pretty good dude. If the Vikings signed him tomorrow I would be jacked! JMHO

I’m no fan either but with Bradys celebrity and the loss I bet he didnt want anyone shoving a microphone in his face! All I saw at games end was Brady hung his head and walked for the locker room

Of all the things I've ever done,
                                  I aint never had Too much fun.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.