Tonights report

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Mille Lacs Lake Tonights report

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Castaway
    Participant

Went out on the west side tonight and water temps were in the 30s and the fishing was slow.We picked up a couple and others were catching some but didnt look like anyone was doing to well.Ended up getting off the lake around 9:00 and there was still about 30 boats out there.Maybe they will turn on a little later with the full moon but I decided not to stick around to find out.There was some other LSF guys out there so maybe they will post how they did if they stuck around.It is still good to get out of Terrys but a lot of the other channels and harbors are froze up around the lake.Well I think this was my last trip out and will be packing the boat away for the season and maybe do some hunting instead.Next time I go out I may be fishing threw a hole.

JT
      Participant

With the warm weather this coming week I wonder if you’ll actually put the boat away? I myself have been deer hunting, passing on a little 8 pointer and a doe so far. This warmer weather is more suited to fishin eh? I’am going to be getting wound up for ice fishing soon as we get some ice making weather!

Mike_Thorp
        Participant

I was up at the Wharf and a had a chance to have some drinks with Castaway, Thanks for the good company and the beer.

Ok down to the report. Fished the Se side of the lake after spending an hour looking for somewhere to launch. All the bays and lauches were frozen over from agate bay down. Buzzies was the only one we found where we could get out.

We worked the SE reefs and islands without to much luck. Water Temp on the south side was 32.9

About 2pm we made the switch to the NW side of the lake for the evening bite. What an awesome weather night for fishing compared to the previous days. We were throwing HJ# 5-14’s raps. After about 15 lure changes we found that the key for us was working the weed edge in depths 7-8.5 feet. The spot we were in, there was so much boat traffic working the 5-6 foot depth that you were forced to come pretty close on a couple passes, so we moved a little deeper and that worked.

They key lures were the Glass purple perch #12, and a#10 clown suspenders. These lures produced 8 fish ranging from 16- 26 1/2. The water temp on the NW side was 37.9 and we were trolling speeds between 1-1.5(could’nt get the boat any slower) but i think slower speeds would have produced even more fish. The first 2 fish in the boat were the 26 1/2 and the 25 so I figured I would get my shot at a 30; which would be a new best for me, but that never came. Overall some great fishing and great company so you cant go wrong. When my buddy emails me the pics I will post em.

Pro Staff- The Dangler
          Please Support Minnesota Fishing Sponsors
          Anonymous

Nice report guys. We also had better results with the slower speeds, 1.1-1.3. Thats as slow as I could get even with a 50″ drift sock out. But when we started to turn around the guy on the inside turn got the fish. Its 61 here in the cities< maybe we should have stayed up and fished another day.

Castaway
            Participant

JT dont pass up on to many deer we need some deer sticks for this winter.Im done for the year and the boat is going into storage.Its been a great year on the pond and should be a good winter.Maybe see some of you around this winter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.