Trapping season beginning

Home Forums Hunting Forums Trapping & Varmits Trapping season beginning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    adicited2outdoors
    Participant

I will be starting off the season trapping coon. I usually water trap them when the season opens, but with the local river at flood stage I will be using conibears on dry land. After gun deer season is over I’ll be starting with coyotes with snares. Anyone else going out this season?

Coyote killer....
      crestlinerman
      Participant

I miss the trapping days great childhood memories catching fur and making some money. Just curious how hard is it to get permission to trap on private property? When I trapped as a kid I could pretty much trap anywhere but, now days Im guessing its not that easy.

2011 and 2012 team archery contest winner
        adicited2outdoors
        Participant

Getting permission is pretty easy . Only​ one problem a person might have is getting into some land before gun deer season, any time after deer season should not have a problem.

Coyote killer....
          Shortline
          Participant

Awesome! I love to trap. I no longer post pics or reports of catches due to the softies, but rest assured, there are still some of us toe pinchers around. I will end my season this week due to deer season(and the dang snow). Tallly should be 3 fox and 4 yotes (and 2 released cats-nice mouse eaters) ….unless an unlucky doggy digs a set up under this snow…….. I am done for the yr.

SL

It's better to be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.......
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.