vexilar FL12 vs. Lowrance ice transducer set up

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Ice Fishing Talk vexilar FL12 vs. Lowrance ice transducer set up

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bitekiller
    Participant

I want to get a second Vexilar FL12 for my wife to use while we both fish, but I also thought about obtaining an ice transduer for my Lowrance HDI Elite 7 and use the flasher screen.

Questions: would the Lowrance cause too much un–adjustable interference with the Vexilar? ( I have heard that the Marcums will blow up the screen on Vexilars)

and, I think I have seen some discussions that the Lowrance ” flasher screen” has some lag to it as opposed to a Vexilar or other flashers. Thoughts?, or should I just keep an eye out for a used FL12?

Tony
      Vegetarian: that's an old Indian word meaning 'lousy hunter'--Andy Rooney
      The first rule of duck and goose hunting is simple: if the birds can see you, then you are freezing your butt off for nothing.--Jim Zumbo
      SpoonbillSlayer
      Participant

I have a Hook 5 and a FLX-12. It’s actually the Lowrance that gets all the interference. The Vex is fine.  The best way to go though is to use the graph mode with the amplitude scope on. It’s basically is like a showdown with history then. It will still get blips on it then, but you can fish thru it. Still a bit annoying though. I never use the Dial anymore, it isn’t the greatest. If I fish with someone else, I usually use the Vex though. But the Lowrance is nice, no noise compared to a FL-series Vex and the History is nice. The new FLX is nice and quiet too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.