Voyaguer info??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Loopy
    Participant

My wife and I are planning our first ever adventure to Voyaguers for the early part of June (9th till we get sick of each other ), we will be going through the Brule narrows and camping at one of the first sites once you get into Saginaw Bay. As a noobie to fishing up there would you bring a variety of bait, like crawlers, leeches and minnows or would you use just one, Is most of the fish caught with jig or is slip bobber a viable way to catch them, and has anyone ever got into crappies around this area??

BrianHoffies
      Participant

Lets see when the ice goes out and what the water temp is. I think I would try shallow weedy area’s first and move out from there. I would bring Leeches and then toss small cranks but thats because thats the way I like to fish.

Good luck, have fun!

Bigfatber
        Participant

Jigs , rigs , slip bobber , leeches , minnows . Easy as that . Enjoy Rainy !

ashtrailguy
          Participant

I think you have to reserve camp sites prior to your arrival. I would do it now as the popular spots go fast. Go to the park web site all the info will be there.

Loopy
            Participant

ashtrailguy wrote:
              I think you have to reserve camp sites prior to your arrival. I would do it now as the popular spots go fast. Go to the park web site all the info will be there.

We reserved ours on the first day we were able to, I think you can only get then 6mos. in advance or something like that.

Oldstar
              Participant

I stayed in Saginaw many times with a houseboat. Lots of good humps for eyes. Slips and jigs has always been my method. Cranks are a no go, they get snagged on the ledges way too much. Never got a crappie but never really tried either. Lots of eyes and Smallmouth in that area. Have fun! If the wind is blowing don’t be afraid to pitch jigs very shallow. Always play the wind if possible. Some good weedy bays around there for jacks too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.