Weed edge crappies

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Annandale-Buffalo-Big Lake Weed edge crappies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    highbeeze24

Pulling shadraps for eyes today and plucked 3 crappies off of a point on the edge of an inside turn. Circled it and found a pile of fish in 12 feet. Put the spot lock on and caught fish at will. Sure cant beat that as an alternative when the eyes wont cooperate. Slabadabadoo’s!

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by highbeeze24.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      PatK
      Participant

What color was the meat. We kept enough for a meal last week and the meat seemed darker and softer than normal. They fried up fine but we were wondering if the warm water temps could be causing the darker, softer meat?

"In my travels I've found that if a man uses the phrase "Common Sense" to defend his position, he possesses very little himself." Will Rogers
        highbeeze24

Color was fine but they were a touch soft. I broiled half of them for supper and they could have used being “overcooked” by a couple minutes to form up. Dang tasty still!

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.