What a Sh***Y event

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Mille Lacs Lake What a Sh***Y event

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Doberfishman
    Participant

Ret-ro wrote:
      Huh? I’m all for balance of all species in the lake, but Bass and walleyes are apples and oranges. Bass are not sought out for their table fair. Secondly, the lake has been basically a catch & release fishery for walleyes for the last four years. 2012 was the last year you could keep a limit of four and they had to be under 17″. A couple subsequent years had a 2″ slot in which fish of that size were a very very small percentage of the population. Catch & release walleye fishing is as strong as ever, but walleyes are highly prized for consumption. Managing the population to supply consumable fish and maintaining the breeding stock is a challenge. It seems that management doesn’t have that figured out yet.

Stop using logic and common sense when people are trying to deflect how poorly the lake has been managed by the Indians and DNR for what it is supposed to be, a great walleye lake.

Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something - Ron Swanson
      Bandersnatch
      Participant

Ret-ro wrote:
        It seems that management doesn’t have that figured out yet.

Sure they do Ret-ro!!

The DNR got exactly what they Managed for.

They managed the lake for a Trophy Walleye fishery, and they ended up with a lake full of Big Fish that no one can take due to the slots imposed.

I personally find their “we don’t know how this happened” nothing other than pure Horse Pucky.

leechlaker
        Participant

Stop using logic and common sense when people are trying to deflect how poorly the lake has been managed by the Indians and DNR for what it is supposed to be, a great walleye lake.

I can’t tell if this is satire or ignorance, which means that if it IS satire, it is well executed!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.