Report for The Red Door Resort 1-7-15

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Mille Lacs Lake Report for The Red Door Resort 1-7-15

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Bandersnatch
    Participant

When there is no snow for banking you are not going to keep a house warm, nor the holes open, when you get this kind of weather.

I don’t care who you use, it is just not going to happen.

PissingAndMoaning about unrealistic expectations not being met casts a very long shadow on a person.

JMO

(oh yea I did)

crestliner08
      Participant

I’ve been going out of the Red Door for many years and owned a skid house with them for a few. I have had nothing but great experiences, even for the few times that I’ve dealt with Steve recently. We were out there last weekend in my new wheelhouse and that even got chilly in between furnace cycles. You’re not going to stop a 20-30 mph wind and -20 temps from affecting you in any small structure! That’s just a simple fact of ice fishing.

"There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot"
        Bplucinak
        Participant

Just to be clear, it had nothing to do with how cold it was outside. Our heater went out so we called them to come fix it. When Steve finally showed up he treated us like we were jerks. We fish all the time and have even owned our own place on Mille lacs before so I understand how the temp works. Just didn’t like the way we were treated by the owner of a service based business. Don’t want to be treated like we are a bother when your equipment fails.

Wildbilldanger
          Participant

I live on lake and still choose going out of Red Door rather than venturing on my own over unexplored ice. I trust them with my safety and know their roads are inspected and closely monitored. You can’t beat them for customer satisfaction and up to date tips on fishing.

Hello, I am the Dread Pirate Roberts, I am here to avenge the death of my father, prepare to die!
            RedDoorResort
            Participant

First, I would like to thank everyone for the kind words. Here at the Red Door Resort, we take customer service very seriously and wish to make everyone’s experience an enjoyable one. We strive to consistently provide an experience that is both enjoyable and relaxing but in this instance, a frozen regulator caused some issues. We acted immediately, explained the process, and fixed the issue in a very short time frame. I apologized repeatedly and cannot recall how any of the conversation could have been taken offensively. I appreciate you sharing your disappointment as it is this criticism that helps to make us better. Please feel free to contact me at the resort to discuss how I could have better serviced your needs. Best regards.

The Red Door Resort
              http://www.thereddoorresort.com
              1-866-444-2453
              smackem33
              Participant

I set up around 3pm last Saturday way out on eileens flat with my 20 ft wheel house. We got snow from various drifts to bank it in good. Those winds that night were crazy to say the least but my shack stayed at a comfortable 70°. We drilled a few half holes for snow too.. if your hard house gets cold all I can say is it isn’t banked in good or you need a bigger furnace.

Your down! Your down!!! Just kidding
                pikepicker
                Participant

Well I for one won’t let it stop me from using them! I have never had a bad experience with service there yet. Going back on the 17th I hope

just a simple fisherman!
                  Bplucinak
                  Participant

Steve thanks for your response. If that’s how you remember it then that’s unfortunate. The 3 of us remember it very differently. Good Luck in the future!
                    Bill Plucinak

Bandersnatch
                    Participant

Bplucinak wrote:
                      Steve thanks for your response. If that’s how you remember it then that’s unfortunate. The 3 of us remember it very differently. Good Luck in the future!
                      Bill Plucinak

In that case, now that you have had time to think about what peed you off, what could they have done differently?

If he seemed P O’d when he came out, could he have been P O’d at the regulator and not you?

I don’t know. I wasn’t there. That’s why I’m asking.

Just a gripe doesn’t get one very far if they don’t know what could have been done further.

Bplucinak
                      Participant

Ok I will give him the feedback to hopefully make his business better.

We were greeted in the office by a woman whom I assume was the owner and 3 children. We told them we had a fish house for the night. They said that they didn’t have record of us coming and had no fish house ready. They finally found the reservation and said that they had been having problems with that reservation system. They said that they would get one ready, but asked if we had our own auger. Not sure if that was a joke or not but didn’t seem like one. They called out to the ice and told them to get one ready. We waited in the office for 15-20 mins. While this was going on the 2 young boys got into a fist fight. 1 threw the other over the back of the couch and then the other threw a book at him. Then it turned into a hitting match. There was a lot of yelling and screaming going on by all of them trying to stop the boys fight. One of the boys actually yelled at us telling us to “get out of here”. We were just standing there waiting to find out where to go. This was not a great start to an “enjoyable and relaxing” experience. Around 9pm our lights started to dim and it got cold in the house. I went outside to check the propane and noticed that 1 was empty. I switched it to the other tank. We waited a while and it didn’t help. We then called the office to let them know. After about 10-15 min Steve showed up. We could hear him outside working on the tank, he didn’t come in to check on us just changed the tank. While doing so the propane lights had gone out. I had a lantern with so we turned that on. He then started to leave but still hadn’t come in to check on us. One of us had to run out there and flag him down saying that we had no light and not heat. He then came in and was “crabby” maybe with the regulator or maybe with us for calling him. Either way not my problem so don’t take it out on me. I did ask him if he was the “boss” and that I was very disappointed in their service. He said he was the owner and I laughed thinking this is how you handle situations like this. At no point did he explain the process to us. He said he was just going back to get another tank, but we had no idea and thought he was done. He tried to get the heater restarted, but had to go back to the office to get a torch. He then returned with the torch and the lady from the office. It was finally on again. They did call about an hour later to check, which was nice but by this time he had already lost 3 customers.
                        For him to say that he explained the whole process to us was an outright lie.
                        Hopefully this experience helps him to improve his operation and that no one else has to deal with similar problems. Again Good luck to the Red door, being a small business owner myself I know how hard it can be.

Thanks
                        Bill Plucinak

Bandersnatch
                        Participant

Thanks!!

lovefishingman
                          Participant

Well, Bander, I think he summed it up.

I don’t have any experience with Red Door or the poster.

A lot of times through social media/blogs/lsf, it is about perception. You can call this individual out and or rave about how good Red Door is, but I or you or other posters don’t know what was factual at that time.

Like I said, I do not have any experience with Red Door and believe that what others say about them to be true, but also dont’t think they can not F-up like any other business. We all make mistakes.

With that said….quite beating up on the guy for what sounds like a legitimate bitch.

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
                            -Albert Einstein
                            pikepicker
                            Participant

I guess everybody is entitled to a bad day once and a while with the weather we had I am willing to bet he had a lot more problems than just one house. Thanks for sharing, I will still give them my service until they prove otherwise, but everyone is also entitled to thier own opinion, Isn’t free speech nice!

just a simple fisherman!
                              lovefishingman
                              Participant

Yep……

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
                                -Albert Einstein
                                fishnpole
                                Participant

Next topic………..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • The topic ‘Report for The Red Door Resort 1-7-15’ is closed to new replies.