Siren/Spooner Area

Home Forums Midwest Neighbors Wisconsin Siren/Spooner Area

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    apple158
    Participant

Now that the weather is warmer I was thinking of going out this weekend. Has anyone been fishing near Siren lately? Wondering about Ice depths and if there has been any action. I am not looking for spots just a report.

Ceeber
      Participant

apple158: Let me know how you do? I might be out there this weekend sometime too. Not sure when yet, but definitely one of these days. I’ll probably check out Yellow lake.

Cokes
        Participant

We have a lake place just north of the siren area on a 260 acre lake and last Wednesday there was about 3 inches 30 yards from shore and started getting thinner from there…there was no open water to be seen. I’m sure by now there should be plenty for walking if not ATV’s after that cold snap.

I’ll be up in the area all next week so i’ll be scouting around…i’ll post my reports.

Lets try to keep this thread going for the siren area…I don’t hear many reports coming from here except maybe yellow. I’m going to check out Devil’s just across 35 from yellow. Anyone been on this lake? Any info to get me started would be appreciated.

Thanks!

F6firecat
          Participant

I have not ventured out on the ice near Siren either yet this year, but plan on being up there for 10 days over the holidays and will get out I am sure. Yellow is always a bit sketchy early because of the currents, but should be OK after this cold snap. I fish on foot this early anyways, so I am thinking for sure should be good enough for that.

Devils Lake, if you are going off the access on the North side, there is a pretty well defined weed line, if you can find the edge I have had pretty decent panfish luck, with an occasional Walleye. There is also a couple of sunken islands out in the middle with good weed growth, if you can get to them.

I have a couple of smaller, less known lakes that I hit over the holidays, to stay away from the vacationer crowds, and I usually do OK.

Cokes
            Participant

Thanks for the info! I too generally stay away from the crowds…plenty of smaller lakes up there to try. I thought maybe early season devils wouldn’t be too packed. Stick with the typical early season game plan….find weeds.

apple158
              Participant

Thanks for the info. I go out on Big Sand Lake mostly for Crappies. Will look forward to hear the reports on how all of you do up there.

Ceeber
                Participant

I usually stay on Yellow just because that’s why my uncle has his trailer at the resort. I hear good things from guys that fish Devil’s and Clam… I’ll keep ya’ll posted if the fishing is good.

Rippinlips1234
                  Participant

We have about roughly 5 inches up here in Duluth. I also have a cabin on Big Sand, and love to fish for crappies! Maybe we can get together and do some fishing!

deadeyearcher
                    Participant

I was up at my cabin between Grantsburg and Siren on Wednesday, found anywhere between 5-7″ of ice. Sunfish were biting and pulled in a few pike.

1987 Alumacraft
                      1987 Merc 25
                      Cokes
                      Participant

Found 6″ With a couple inches of slop on our lake north of siren but seemed to refreeze today…will post report when I actually drop a line…

Ceeber
                        Participant

Fished up in Websters Wisconsin on Thursday, 12/22/16. Fished with two buddies of mines. We did pretty good. The perch are pretty decent, i’d say jumbo which we caught about 8 of them. The big perch seems to be more active around 4pm. In the AM, we caught walleyes right away, 2 keepers and the rest was in the slot. We manage to find a couple crappies, which was really sporadic. It wasn’t like last year where the crappies were traveling in a group. We had an awesome day: We walked the whole lake, ice was 6 inches every where, we seen maybe 9 other guys who had wheelers out. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Attachments:
                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                          Ceeber
                          Participant

23 inch walleye.

Attachments:
                            Ceeber
                            Participant

I forgot what size this walleye was, but it was released. Too small for me. We didn’t take any picks of the perch, or crappies.

Attachments:
                              apple158
                              Participant

What lake did you go out on? Devils?

Couple nice walleye.

PatrickR
                                Participant

Good to see some walleyes being caught up that way!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.