The Rib Thread

Home Forums General Forums Cooking & Recipes The Rib Thread

Viewing 11 posts - 196 through 206 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    Reinhard
    Participant

Yum!! good luck.

http://www.sausageheavenoutdoors.com

Die young as old as possible.

CaughtABuzz
      Participant

Figured this thread needed a bump….to date one of the best go-to threads.

Reinhard
        Participant

Lot of great stuff in this thread!! Thanks again Buzz for putting it up. good luck.

Reinhard
          Participant

Well here is something new I tried. BBQ ribs with Gochujang sauce. I’ve been using hot bean paste that I get from a Korean grocery store for years. Use it for my hot chicken that I make a lot. See the recipe page on my site for that. But I googled gochujang sause just for the heck of it and found this sauce recipe on bon appetit site. Made it up and it is awesome. Has some heat but the main thing is it has flavor. Takes a little time to make but it’s worth it. Put it on some baby back ribs. I love it. good luck.

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            IronDioPriest
            Participant

Dude.

bottlebass
              Participant

Oh come on man. I’m stuck at work and won’t get to eat for another 2 hours… why did you have to post that?!

Looks good.

dmpalm
                Participant

Reinhard wrote:
                  Well here is something new I tried. BBQ ribs with Gochujang sauce. I’ve been using hot bean paste that I get from a Korean grocery store for years. Use it for my hot chicken that I make a lot. See the recipe page on my site for that. But I googled gochujang sause just for the heck of it and found this sauce recipe on bon appetit site. Made it up and it is awesome. Has some heat but the main thing is it has flavor. Takes a little time to make but it’s worth it. Put it on some baby back ribs. I love it. good luck.

Looks awesome, i love gochujang. I stumbled upon a spicy korean BBQ sauce that I like, will have to post the recipe for that. Will you post the recipe for the sauce you made?

Reinhard
                  Participant

I already posted the sauce recipe I made with the [Bon Appetit} site that I got that one from. There are are a lot of recipe’s for this sauce and they are pretty much the same. Just google gochujang sauce and you can take your pick. I just piciket that one from the Bon Appetit site which I liked although most are pretty much alike. But you have to get the gochujang from a Korean store to make it. It’s a hot bean paste. I love Korean cooking and I am always learning something new. I always have gochujang handy. I see the grocery stores are stocking this also but in small containers and way overpriced. Please offer your recipe also which is this forum all about . It’s always great to put on this forum something different than the normal sauces. good luck. Don’t get gochujang on line, for it’s way overpriced, just like in the grocery stores.

Reinhard
                    Participant

Got a good deal on some flanken style beef short ribs that were close dated. My favorite ribs. Used my Korean Kalbe marinade [recipe is in my Smokin Hot page on my site below]. kept them overnight in the fridge and the next put them in the smoker at 250 deg. Sampled one when I thought they were done and they were. Served them with rice on the side. Put some sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce and hot pepper flakes over the rice. good luck.

Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      CaughtABuzz
                      Participant

Came to get something and like the new update!…..Also this thread def needs a bump. OG rib info here.

Does anyone know how to search forums with update? there use to be search option on bottom page….had to scroll to page 14 to find “rib thread”

deadgooses
                        Participant

Good bump.  There is a search box on the All Forums page right where the “Create new topic” button is on this page.

When in doubt, shoot again.
                        Viewing 11 posts - 196 through 206 (of 206 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.