Trophy Crappie discussion.

Home Forums Species Specific Forums Panfish Trophy Crappie discussion.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    highbeeze24

elcamino651 wrote:
      hope you let that one go…

Believe me. Nobody was letting these go when red was hosting the crappie boom. The caliber of fish was unreal during the peak.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
      Schmuckoff
      Participant

Panfish get hit the hardest by the damn game hogs. Nothing makes me more upset then seeing the same ATV returning every afternoon to the bluegill spot. You know the fish are down there and they are leaving every evening with a bucket full. I think I will start reporting them to TIP line for suspicion of over harvesting.

smackem33
        Participant

Dnr are a joke, I called the tip line to report people shooting ducks during the early goose season. And no it wasn’t youth day. I didn’t actually see them shoot them but they were on water on the other side of a tree line. We could here them shoot and shoot and shoot. There were a lot of ducks flying around and zero geese sighted the entire morning. They told me if I didn’t actually see with my own two eyes that they couldn’t do anything. What a joke

Your down! Your down!!! Just kidding
          snow
          Participant

The red lake crappie boom was a 1996 year class according to a dnr fishery tech montoring the walleye stocking on upper red lake that started in 1999 and then 2001,he said what crappies were’nt caught by the onslot of fisher people after the word leaked in 2001 would die off,he told us the avg life of a crappie was less than 10years,not sure how accurate this is but aging fish is a science.We took a monster carp out of baldeagle years ago,thought forsure it was a state record@ 85lbs,called the dnr to varify,they aged the fish@ 100years old and shot the state record down as we shot the fish,seems records only count hook-n-line.

HotFiretiger
            Participant

I can’t understand why people love keeping a bucket of Bluegills. I never keep them anymore, I’d rather watch them swim away.

smackem33
              Participant

HotFiretiger wrote:
                I can’t understand why people love keeping a bucket of Bluegills. I never keep them anymore, I’d rather watch them swim away.

Cause they taste good

Your down! Your down!!! Just kidding
                FrayedKnot
                Participant

Its up to us the DNR can only do so much because of our liberal courts and laws, maybe when we see these abuses we should take pictures of these slobs and pass them around online and embarrass them

Fishing isn’t a matter of life and death….

It’s much more important.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.