Whiskey

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Oldstar
    Participant

I love that new fireball whiskey. i pound a 1.75 at the fish house every trip! it’s really a must have on any fishing trip. it’s great with tea in the morning too!

nofishfisherman
      Participant

Fireball is really good when added to some hot apple cider. Best possible way to warm up after a cold day hunting or fishing.

When I attended the vikings playoff game at TCF stadium when it was -13 at kickoff my buddy and I smuggled in a flask of fireball. It did wonders to keep us warm.

arneb04
        Participant

Speaking of fireball, has anyone ever tried the Yukon Jack Permafrost peppermint/cinnamon schnapps? It’s 100 proof and it looks like Bombay sapphire. It is absolutely spectacular in coffee or hot chocolate. And I hate peppermint usually.

One Word - HUMMINBIRD
          @rdshuntclub
          bentpole
          Participant

So I just found this website that lets you search for various brands and types of liquor and gives you a flavor profile for them. You can search by type of liquor, brand, country. It is super handy when trying to figure out what type and brand of whisky to try. A way better option then the ol’ buy and try. it is called Distiller dot com here is the link.

https://distiller.com/

My love for the Vikings is only rivaled by my hatred for the packers and their famous "11 world championships"
            bottlebass
            Participant

They also have an app you can use. You can rate the different liquors as you try the and it can make suggestions for others based off what you like.

bentpole
              Participant

I picked up a bottle of TYRCONNELL 15 YEAR MADEIRA CASK FINISH yesterday. It has a very clean crisp taste to it. Kind of reminds me of apples, very good stuff.

My love for the Vikings is only rivaled by my hatred for the packers and their famous "11 world championships"
                bentpole
                Participant

Just picked up a bottle of WhistlePig 10 year straight rye. It’s not to bad, I will enjoy this bottle and move on. For the money I would rather buy A bottle of Angel Envy finished rye, as it’s my absolute favorite rye whiskey on the planet.

bentpole
                  Participant

I was super excited to give Tullamore DEW cider cask a whirl, however I found out that you can only get it in Tullamore, Ireland or in duty free shops in airports. I almost SH#$ when I saw a few bottles sitting on the shelf of my local Total Wine. Needless to say I snatched one up with a quickness. And my god am I ever glad I found it Because it is excellent with Sprite. I think I like it more then the Tullamore DEW rum cask and that’s one of my favorites. If you can find one buy it.

bentpole
                    Participant

Found another new favorite Irish Whiskey of mine. Yellow Spot is really good.

Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                    Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.