Ice castle furnace help

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Lake of the Woods Ice castle furnace help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    pittman
    Participant

So at 2 in the morning we wake up cold as my furnace quit working! If I turn the thermostat off and back on the furnace will blow cold for a few seconds and shut down. I can’t hear any sounds of ignition like it normally did. I’m hoping these 30 mpg winds quit in the morning and ill pull the cover off outside and take a look see. Any tips, pointers, past experiences with these furnaces would be of great help! Thanx

Bobber
      Participant

It could be a bad ignitor, or a bad circut board.

Bob "Bobber" Carlson

You can tell how big a person is, by what it takes to discourage them! "Hooks"

bojr
        Participant

Could be low gas pressure try your cooktop had same problem toget more pressure turn on New lp tank

Waterboy
          Participant

I remember reading about a reset procedure in the furnace operators manual that came with my Ice Castle. I don’t have access to my manual but here is what I found by searching on Suburban RV furnace reset procedure:

Smell the furnace and RV to determine if there is a gas leak. If you smell gas, do not continue resetting the heater. Instead, turn off the heater and contact the gas company or fire department.

Locate the gas valve for the furnace.

Turn the valve so that it is in the “On” position. Allow the gas to flow for several minutes.

Turn the switch to the “Off” position. Wait about 10 minutes.

Turn the furnace’s switch back to the “On” position.

Shut off the circuit breaker for the RV furnace. Wait about one minute.

Flip the circuit breaker switch so that it returns to the “On” position. This should reset the heater.

Read more: How to Reset a Suburban RV Heater | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7657188_reset-suburban-rv-heater.html#ixzz2HTniDqsk

IceGypsy
            Participant

I will bet its a frozen up regulator, take it off te hose,bring it inside and put it under a lighter to thaw it out. It has happened to me atleast 5 times in the 7 ice castles ive owned in 10 years.

Yeah ive landed some giants on accident,but they werent always fish.
              BigOle
              Participant

when your battery gets down to a certain level it won’t let the furnace fire up. start your generator and see if that helps. I had to add a second battery to make it through the cold nights otherwise mine did the exact same thing

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotamy"
                pittman
                Participant

I think I have good pressure cuz I’ve I’m using the stove for some extra heat I didn’t shut the circuit breaker off for whole minute though ill give that a wirl. My batt is fully charged I had the generator running till that seems to have givn up on me as well.

pittman
                  Participant

Pulled fuse for couple min no different.

kroger3
                    Participant

pittman wrote:
                      I think I have good pressure cuz I’ve I’m using the stove for some extra heat I didn’t shut the circuit breaker off for whole minute though ill give that a wirl. My batt is fully charged I had the generator running till that seems to have givn up on me as well.

Do you know your battery is charged or just assuming it is because the Generator is running? Sounds like a battery problem and the furnace locks itself out because the ignitor will not fire.

pittman
                      Participant

I guess I’m not 100% I don’t have a volt meter with but the lights seem bright and when I turn the furnace off and on the fan sure sounds strong.

pittman
                        Participant

If this nasty wind dies down ill pull the cover outside and see if there’s anything obvious. How would I test the circuit board if that were to be the problem and where would I find parts in baudette? Or very last resort is there a good person to call for this kind of problem? Thanks again for all the help.

dew2
                          Participant

pittman wrote:
                            If this nasty wind dies down ill pull the cover outside and see if there’s anything obvious. How would I test the circuit board if that were to be the problem and where would I find parts in baudette? Or very last resort is there a good person to call for this kind of problem? Thanks again for all the help.

Dont know what brand heater it is? But does it have a clear window that blinks a code to lead to the problem?

Of all the things I've ever done,
                            I aint never had Too much fun.
                            pittman
                            Participant

It is an Atwood and I was looking last night and couldn’t see any lights

kroger3
                              Participant

pittman wrote:
                                I guess I’m not 100% I don’t have a volt meter with but the lights seem bright and when I turn the furnace off and on the fan sure sounds strong.

unplug your generator and turn all your 12 volt lights on then if you have an extra person with have them watch the lights when you plug your generator back in. If they brighten up then your generator and charger are working properly. If they dont then you have a low battery and the charger is not working

Rywheat
                                Participant

Try cupping your hands over the regulator for a few min to try any warm it up My guess is the regulator is frozen up from the warm sun to the cold and wind over night

Its not what you know but who you know
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.