No winter access lake

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Metro Area No winter access lake

Viewing 5 posts - 136 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    tomcat
    Participant

I remember Bald Eagle had 5 or 6 drive on winter access now there is only 1. Gervais had 2 winter drive on access now there is none ,( you can take a chance and drive under the Spoon lake bridge but last year a truck and ATV went Thu the ice there.
      I just think its wrong to block off the access. The reason for blocking it off they said the ice fisherman damage the park and it cost a lot of money to repair it.

tomcat

Lets get mad icefisherman and correct the the problem. (Make some calls)

You can't have enough friends.

LSF Supporting Member since March, 2007.
      2008 LSF Walleye Champion

packerbacker
      Participant

the only problem I have is how are you going to damage the beach that would be frozen down harder then heck. I would bet the homeowner nearest the ramp put up a huge stink what the rich will btch and moan about. Example I work in landscaping we do all executive properties I kid you not this fall we had one that complaned that there neightbors leaves were blowing into there yard. I mean WTF is that all you have to do all day

I had fun once and it was aweful
        JohnnyS
        Participant

I live on the north end of the lake and have permission from a home owner to use thier property to access the lake. ( I dont have a lake shore easement.) Am looking to go out there on Monday 26th to see if I can find these Legendary jumbo perch and maybe a couple of walleyes! It is true you can never have enough friends, but I just went and knocked on a door after talking to someone who knew some one! If interested in going out, leave me a message and I will get back to you!

John
          Oldstar
          Participant

TTT RIP TomCat. A truck just went through the channel. And the lakeshore owners are still laughing at us poor folks who want to fish a public lake but can’t. Be nice to see this resolved for old Tom!

mtcommer3518
            Participant

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread either. There is still no care access on Gervias? I have always parked on the east side and drug my sled over in the bay to fish on the east side of the lake. There are lots of daredevils thinking they can make it under the bridge. I would never attempt that!
              ALSO, I am saddened to hear that TomCat passed away.
              I purchased my portable from him a very years back. He had just upgraded to an Ice Castle Grandpa’s Hideout. It was a nice little rig for him.
              Also added in his old Vexilar Fishing Jacket, never get cold in that thing. He was a heck of a guy!!!

I might have to try good ole Lake Gervias again, took 3 walleyes out of there my first time out, but never caught one after that. Beginners luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 136 through 140 (of 140 total)
            • The topic ‘No winter access lake’ is closed to new replies.