Vikings 2018 Season News

Home Forums General Forums Minnesota Sports Vikings 2018 Season News

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Reinhard
    Participant

Vikings have hired their OC. John DeFilippo the QB’s coach for the Eagles is now our OC. So the QB choice for our team will get solved soon. good luck.

http://www.sausageheavenoutdoors.com

Die young as old as possible.

BrianHoffies
      Participant

This guy is suppose to be a offensive genius to hear the media tell it. Chilly was also so time will tell.

bottlebass
        Participant

I know a lot of people are stoked about this hire but I’m confused. He was the OC at cleveland (of all places cleveland) and then his next job was QB coach? Seems like a step back. I’m pretty sure the head coach called all the plays at Philly. The best part of his resume would probably be coaching up Wentz and then Foles when he had to step in.

I don’t know, just not as excited as others seem. I’m sure it will be fine.

Doberfishman
          Participant

bottlebass wrote:
            I know a lot of people are stoked about this hire but I’m confused. He was the OC at cleveland (of all places cleveland) and then his next job was QB coach? Seems like a step back. I’m pretty sure the head coach called all the plays at Philly. The best part of his resume would probably be coaching up Wentz and then Foles when he had to step in.

I don’t know, just not as excited as others seem. I’m sure it will be fine.

Correct on that Pederson called the plays in Philly which is one of the reasons he came here. He wanted to be an OC and play caller whereas had he stayed in Philly, he could have been the OC but not called the plays.
            Can’t knock him for the Cleveland gig because well, it’s Cleveland. He was also the OC at Oakland from 2012 – 2014.

I’m always confused when teams go after the “hot” OC or DC or coaches from the Super Bowl teams. Just because they got to the playoffs or Super Bowl does not make them a good coach.

Be interesting to know how much of a hand he had in the “development” of Wentz and Foles because they were both pretty good QB’s before they got to the Eagles. Heck, Foles was pretty good his first time around in Philly and that was under Kelly, arguably one of the worst coaches ever. He also coached Carr for a year at Oakland and Carr showed promise his first year and then took off the following year and now he has regressed without him so maybe this guy is a QB genius.

I guess time will tell. Be interesting to see how much influence he has over who comes, goes, stays at the Vikings QB position.

Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something - Ron Swanson
            Reinhard
            Participant

Vikings will open their season on Sept. 6 against the Super Bowl champions Eagles at Philadelphia. Revenge. good luck.

Reinhard
              Participant

Vikings 2018 schedule:

Week 1. Sept. 9 vs 49rs.

2. Sept. 16 @ Packers

3. Sept. 23 vs Bills

4. Sept. 27 @ Rams

5. Oct. 7 @ Eagles

6. Oct 14 vs Cardinals

7. Oct. 21 @ Jets

8. Oct 28 vs Saints

9. Nov. 4 vs Lions

10. Bye

11. Nov. 18 @ Bears

12. Nov. 25 vs Packers

13. Dec. 2 @ Patriots

14. Dec. 10 @ Seahawks

15. Dec 16. vs Dolphins

16. Dec. 23 @ Lions

17. Dec. 30 vs Bears

good luck.

bottlebass
                Participant

Away games at packers, rams, eagles, patriots, and seahawks (although I think they will be bad this year feel like that’s a tough place to win on the road). Ooofdah.

Reinhard
                  Participant

Ya, this will be a tough season for them with a tough schedule ahead. I don’t think any team will take the Vikings lightly. good luck.

rooz
                    Participant

BrianHoffies wrote:
                      This guy is suppose to be a offensive genius to hear the media tell it. Chilly was also so time will tell.

Chilly was a branch off the Andy Reid tree and no way in hell is that a recipe for success. It is amazing Andy is still in the league with that offensive mindset. Chilly’s only contribution was picking up Brent at the airport. This Philly guy is the real deal……no worries.

Reinhard
                      Participant

Ok so where are the VIking fans?????? Pre Season is on it’s way and I’m getting exciting. good luck.

bottlebass
                        Participant

I have cautious optimism. The Oline scares me but overall it’s a pretty talented team and the vikes went out and spent money to get the best QB (we’ll have to see on this one) they could to try and put them over the top. Whether that move works or not I don’t ever remember a MN team going out and getting the biggest free agent and I like the effort at the very least!

Reinhard
                          Participant

We will still have the best defense in the NFL in my opinion. We have a tough schedule this year. good luck.

Reinhard
                            Participant

First pre-season game Saturday night at 8 pm. against Denver. good luck.

bottlebass
                              Participant

Reinhard wrote:
                                We will still have the best defense in the NFL in my opinion. We have a tough schedule this year. good luck.

I think a lot of people share the same opinion, including me!

arneb04
                                Participant

All I can say about the Vikings is I’m glad they are spending money on players that matter both in skills and in positions of need, and the Wilf’s despite whatever their past may be in the financial world are actually respectful to fans and are trying to put a product out that meets our expectations.

I really hate to derail this into a Twins rant but we are all suckers when it comes to that franchise and the Pohlad family whether you wanted the stadium or not. We paid for it and we’re suckers. It’s quite frankly embarrassing, I’m embarrassed for our state for what the Pohlads continue to do every year, which is treat Target Field exactly as the name implies – a big box store filled with cheap goods. I have not watched a Twins game, bought Twins merch, or paid to see a game since 2011 when Joe Mauer went down after playing 9 games the season of his whopper $128mil contract and the Twins told nobody what was going on other than he had a mysterious “bilateral leg weakness”. Lack of honesty and transparency to fans who got a multimillion dollar stadium built for the owners to rake in cash and shovel out garbage for us all to choke down isn’t something I can get behind. And it makes me sad, I like baseball, I used to love the Twins and sit and watch way too many games than I should have. Probably never again and unfortunately my kid will never know how fun it can be.

So anyway, I’m glad the Vikings/Wilfs, at least for now are holding up their end of the bargain when it comes to fulfilling promises. I know championships are tough, I’d love to see one, but even more I just like to see a competitive team with spirit and an organization that at least puts on the facade that it cares about fans. Hopefully 25 years from now when Target Field is no longer “state of the art” and millions/(billions maybe by then) need to be spent on renovating or rebuilding we remember how we were treated the last time. At least the triple H saw a couple world series. I don’t see that happening over at the big box store. I’m done ranting now, I feel much better.

One Word - HUMMINBIRD
                                  @rdshuntclub
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.